CHOCOLATE LOVERS ALERT!!! This recipe is too much of a treat to keep a secret! We all have a weakness, and chocolate is definitely one of ours. Inspired by Botanic Lab Plantmilk 2 Chocolate Yerba Maté @insta_grams_and_ounces created this 100% vegan recipe, proving that you can get creative with plant-based ingredients and that choccy milkshakes are definitely not just for kids. This one is supercharged with all the botanical power of yerba maté.
Vegan Chocolate Freakshake:
(Serves 2 - with extra cookies for the next day!)
- 1 250ml Carton of Botanic Lab Plantmilk 2 Chocolate Yerba Maté
- 2 Scoops of Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate sauce (we used Sweet Freedom)
- 400ml Tin of Coconut Milk (keep refrigerated)
- 1 tablespoon Golden Syrup
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 140g Plain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 30g Caster Sugar
- 40g Brown Sugar
- 100ml Milk of your choice (we used coconut)
- 50ml Vegetable Oil
- 45g Vegan Dark Chocolate Chip
- Preheat your oven to 160℃. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt then add both sugars and mix well.
- Then, in a separate bowl, combine the milk and oil together.
- Mixing at a medium speed gradually incorporate the wet mixture to the dry until a crumbly dough is formed. Do not over-work the mix or the cookies will be tough.
- Lightly roll the dough into a ball. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate it for 30 minutes. Then divide into twelve equal sized balls and bake for 7-10 minutes - or until they are golden on the edges.
- Meanwhile, prepare your whipped cream by taking the refrigerated coconut milk out of the fridge - be careful not to shake the tin - and scrape off the solid coconut cream from the liquid. Place in a chilled metal bowl and add the Golden Syrup. Whip the mixture with an electric whisk (chill your beaters for a better result) until it is light and fluffy. Keep the cream refrigerated until you are ready to use it.
- In a blender, combine the Botanic Lab Plantmilk 2 Chocolate Yerba Maté with two scoops of your favourite vegan ice cream, and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the inside of your favourite glass with the chocolate sauce, add the milkshake and then top with the cream and cookies. Enjoy!