Sounds like you?
We like to do things others can't do, won't do or are too afraid to do. Our mission? To create Drinks That Do Something and to do that with style flair and a little bit of tongue in cheek magic. We’re the people who brought the first cannabis drink to the UK market and we’re not stopping there.
We are looking for a quick-thinking, super smart, hands-on individual who wants to be part of our growing premium lifestyle brand. We like our people to mirror our drinks philosophy - we celebrate people that get up, take action and Do Something!
Direct report to: CFO with indirect report to Operations Director
Join our small team of do-ers; working with the inspiring founder to help grow this innovative drinks business. We need someone diligent, process driven, smart, focused and with an eye for detail to help us deliver our ambitious plans. You’re on top of the numbers and excel is your best friend. You thrive on the detail.
Outline of role:
You have the overarching mandate for the smooth running of all financial processes within the organisation and generation of regular financial reports to senior management team. As part of the mandate you will be expected to use your experience to initiate efficiency improvements to the process that will benefit the wider business.
You will be responsible for owning and managing the relationship with our external accountants/bookkeepers, and ensuring smooth flow of information to and from the accountants to maintain accurate and timely management accounts.
You will be the first point of contact for our banking relationships and responsible for managing and overseeing our external facilities.
You will provide the link to the Operations team to ensure business information is received in an efficient and accurate way, and use that information to make recommendation and adjustments to the business approach and planning process. You will also work with other areas of the business (sales and marketing) to provide
Work with CFO on cash flow management for the business, coordinating with Sales and Operations team to map out cash flow needs of the business based on sales/demand projections.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Raising sales invoices to customers
- Managing sales records for tracking and reporting purposes – this involves collating information from multiple sales channels to a central database
- Working closely with Operations Manager to match up purchase orders with purchase invoices within our systems for accurate bookkeeping and record keeping
- Working closely with external bookkeepers to ensure up to date information in our accounting systems to enable the generation of accurate weekly payments reports for managing cash flows
- Managing payment terms with customers and suppliers, ensuring the best possible working capital position is achieved for the business
- Verifying invoices and ensuring the business is charged accurately
Get in touch if you:
- Have an accounting qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Have experience and a track record of success in an SME, preferably in consumer goods industry
- Are familiar with working in Xero and possibly have working knowledge of ERP systems (e.g Unleashed)
- Have advanced excel skills and good knowledge and competence in all of Microsoft Office suite
- Are hardworking and driven and have a self-starter attitude
- Aspire to be part of a team building a 21st century lifestyle brand with an edge
- Are super organised and have incredible attention to detail
- Are a time management master
- Hands-on, flexible, adaptable
- Love working as part of a team and always ready to help out when needed.
We're a small and nimble team so you will have direct contact with all aspects of the business as well as a team of first class service providers.
If this sounds like a role for you, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Jolyn via email to firstname.lastname@example.org